Why are people quoting Destiny? That script was so bland, the voice actors sounded bored. It’s like they took all the cool bits from The Simarillion, substituted boring everyday non-copyright-protected words for everything, and threw it in a sci-fi universe. Then pasted medieval heraldry all over the minimalist UI.
There’s no style cohesion, the characters are about as interesting as chalk, and I don’t care because the gameplay is so much fun. If I could, I would make gifs of cool headshots and close calls. And dub a funny script in. Make the ghost that floats over your shoulder a snarky AI who makes dick jokes about your rifle all game. He gets hacked halfway through the story, and for one level all the baddies names are like “green guy” “pea soup guy” “dude in a skirt” “only momma loves him”.
Maybe I should just go play Borderlands again. Or Portal.
alternatives to “it was all just a dream”
- it was all just a story the narrator heard somebody else tell on the bus
- it was all just somebody rambling after getting their wisdom teeth out
- it was all just a feature length puppet show
- it was all just a set of cave paintings
- it was all just a frighteningly elaborate set of instructions on the back of a microwaveable meal